Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It has finally happened...

and every runner said it would. After a long 10 or so years of running off and on-I am finally addicted. I LOVE it now and actually look forward to it. I never did before. When we were trying to get pregnant and going through fertility treatments I was advised not to and I had NO problem with that. But now I have a newfound love for it. Yesterday I did 4 miles and I honestly could have done 4 more but Dan needed to go to work... I guess I need to start going earlier, it's just that it's so dark. On the days that I don't run, I do strength training and although it's important, I don't get out of it what I do with running. I find myself a little "crabby" when I don't run also. I'm finding myself reading blog after blog of people training for a marathon and it motivates me even more. I'm trying to improve my time and yesterday I did 8:30 minute miles and I was so happy! I also keep stalking the Kiawah Marathon website to make sure I haven't missed registration...I will be so bummed if I miss it!! I never thought I would be a "runner" but now I am proud to be one. I love the fact that my boys can look up to their mommy as an "athlete", I hope they will catch the running bug too! I feel better than I ever have in my entire life and I owe it all to my new outlook on running....

1 comment:

Fit Mommy said...

Hi, love your blog! I have two boys ages 4 and 2, and I run too! Mostly for my mental health- and fitness too!
As soon as I walk out of the house alone- I am happier...
What is the kiawah marathon?

www.fitnessformommies.net