Monday, April 7, 2008

Back to life, back to reality...

We had company in town this weekend (Dan's parents)-so you know what that means-I ate way too much! While I was at the race on Saturday, Dan and the boys drove to Columbia to meet up with his parents and sisters and their kids, hang out at the Children's Museum, eat lunch and then brought his parents back here for the weekend. They had flown into Charlotte to be with his sister and then are flying out of Charleston today. While they were in Columbia, I went to the grocery store to get all of the fixin's for a good Low Country dinner. I decided on crab dip (they make the most amazing crab dip at Boone Hall Farm's market), steamed shrimp seasoned with Old Bay (yum!), roasted red potatoes with garlic and olive oil (double yum!), squash sauteed with olive oil, salt and pepper and fresh Key Lime Pie (triple-diple yum!). Yesterday we celebrated his mom's birthday so I picked up a coconut cake from Publix that was amazing and to top off the weekend of eating we went to dinner at Barbara Jean's, where I ordered a crab cake, baked sweet potato and a cup of she-crab soup. Do I really need to say more?

So, it's Monday morning, I did my 5 miles (40:21, 8:05 pace) and it is definitely back to reality...all in all it was a great weekend though!!

3 comments:

renae said...

Yum! It all sounds so good.
I know what you mean, Monday's run is always the hardest after a weekend of fun!

Slacker Mama said...

It all sounds delish! Though I read that the crab dip was made by "Boone's Farm" and got really confused there for a second!

workout mommy said...

that sounds delicious and it doesn't seem to have slowed you down one bit....hooray for 8 minute miles!

lisa