Wednesday, June 25, 2008

HELP! Calf pain...

OK all you runners out there....I've been having calf pain as of late after a run and when I get up in the morning. I've rested and iced and taken ibuprofen and it doesn't seem to be feeling any better. As I type, I have an Icy Hot bandage on it...what to do? I've stretched and streched and stretched....please help. I do not want to be sidelined. It actually doesn't hurt when I run, just before and several hours after. It also doesn't hurt when I stand on tip-toes, however it hurts terribly going up and down stairs. It's only the right calf, the other one feels fine.

3 comments:

jularun7 said...

dull pain? sharp pain? is concentrated somewhere in the muscles or is it all over? does it hurt to stretch?

DANG, that sucks!

marathon mom said...

Have you tried a calcium/Magnesium/ vitamin D supplement? That helped me, along with really excellent hydration. That and stretches!

Anonymous said...

謝謝您囉~~很好的經驗分享! .................................................................