Saturday, June 7, 2008

9 miles!!!

Whoa-it was soooooo humid this morning. I had planned on getting up at 5:00 am to go, but forgot to set my alarm last night. So I woke up at 6:00 am and went. I took a frozen Ultima Replenisher with me and was so glad I did. I also ate some lemon-lime sports beans beforehand and I think that helped give me an extra boost of energy. You could have cut the humidity with a knife though. I was soaked through all of my clothes, not a dry spot on my body. It wasn't the worst run I've ever done, but I felt pretty slow. I definitely run faster in colder weather. I finished in 1:17:59-an 8:40 pace. The good thing is I burned 1064 calories. Not too shabby-considering I ate so much at the neighborhood street party last night. So tonight I think I'll have that mint julep as I watch The Belmont....We went to the beach this morning, so a nap is calling my name now-happy weekend!

3 comments:

jularun7 said...

awesome run! it is hot up here as well. must adapt to this humid southern heat!!!!!!

Slacker Mama said...

Congrats on the run...especially in the heat!

marathon mom said...

Love the Ultima!!! Glad you made it through the heat- I am jealous of the beach!